Clients: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Since 2009, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), in collaboration with the Viet Nam Fatherland Front (VFF) and the Centre for Community Support and Development Studies (CECODES), has developed the Vietnam Provincial Governance and Public Administration Performance Index (PAPI). PAPI is aimed to gauge the perception and experience of non-state actors, in particular of citizens regarding local governance and public administration performance at the provincial level.
From May 2015 to April 2016, to improve the quality of data collection and switch to real time monitoring platform, the partners implementing PAPI decided to move from a paper-based survey to tablet/computer-based survey. The tablet/computer-based survey also allows for randomization by respondent, which will facilitate the use of experiments with multiple treatments, conjoint analyses of citizen preferences over policy issues with multiple dimensions, and contingent valuation exercises, among other quality control benefits.
- Programme the 2015 PAPI Questionnaire and Interviewers’ Manual for use on tablets/computers
- Install and test the programme on tablets to be used
- Provide a cloud data hub for the 2015 PAPI data
- Provide training manuals for the tablet/computer-based surveys for use in fieldwork
- Provide technical trainings for field controllers
- Provide 24/7 hot-line technical support for the survey team on field
- Provide randomized checks of quality of collected data